About the Course
This course emphasizes the project processes and knowledge areas, terms, tools, and formulas as well as to extend the knowledge base into soft skills such as communication, conflict management, team development, and leadership. Agile framework and methodologies such as Scrum will also be covered during sessions.
- Demonstrate knowledge of key leadership skills, traits, and approaches
- Identify and implement conflict resolution strategies
- Demonstrate knowledge of project best practices and processes
- Demonstrate knowledge of project tools and procedures for the implementation of formal project management methodologies
- Demonstrate knowledge of communication management approaches, team development, and motivational theories.
- Demonstrate knowledge of agile framework including scrum methodology.
If you would like to formalize your knowledge and understanding of industry best practices, project management standards, and leadership skills, then this course is for you.
- Professionals who have been directly involved in initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing of any kind of projects
- Professionals who are working as project managers or key project or program team members
- Those who want to gain a greater understanding of the project management process
- Individuals tasked with developing and managing teams in a project environment
The course is intended for project professionals in any business work areas who have been working as project managers or key members of project teams for at least 3 years. The course will provide the following benefits to these participants:
- Comprehensive understanding of the project management processes, knowledge areas, formulas, terms and individual process steps for project management.
- Identify advanced set of project management tools and techniques for continued use or new implementation at the workplace.
- Recognize and be able to implement leadership traits, soft skills, motivational approaches, and conflict resolution strategies
- Develop a deep understanding of the value and benefits to risk management in project efforts
This course is taught by professors that are also practitioners with many years of managing projects in different industries. Case studies of projects in different industries will be shared and explored so that you experience some of the complexities of managing a project.
The class includes lecture and discussion, case studies, exercises, and discovery.
Schedule & Topics Covered
- Knowledge and Processes
- Scope Planning
- Activity Sequencing
- Resource Planning
- Activity Duration
- Risk Planning
- Scheduling Tools
- Cost Planning
- Project Plans
- Project Execution
- Project Control
- Project Closing
- Agile Scrum Fundamentals
- Leadership and Emotional Intelligence
- Establishing a Project Management Capability
- Case Studies
There is no pre-requisite knowledge, skills, or experience.
Continuing Education Credits
Participants of this course can earn up to 24 PDUs from PMI® upon completion.
The following materials are included in the cost of the course:
- Course syllabus
- The Fast Forward MBA in Project Management (paperback copy)
- Student guide (binder with print copies of slides presented)
- Light breakfast, lunch, and beverages
All print materials will be distributed the first day of class.
The following are not included in the cost of the course:
- Parking fees
Cancellation & Refunds
Harrisburg University reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses/events at its discretion. Should a program or event be cancelled by the University, a full refund will be issued.
If you need to cancel your registration and would like a refund, please email MMafnas@HarrisburgU.edu. Please attach the confirmation email that you received at time of registration.
- A refund of 100% will be issued within 7 business days of your registration date.
- A refund of 50% will be issued up until 8 days prior to the start of the course/event.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations 7 or less days prior to the start of the course/event.
Tues., Sept. 10 – Thurs., Sept. 12
8:00 am – 5:00 pm
The Agile Lean Center (ALC) at Harrisburg University of Science and Technology aims to significantly improve business and project outcomes for state and local governments as well as local and global businesses through professional development, certificates and academic offerings of efficient agile and lean business processes used for Product Development, Software Development, Manufacturing, Business Process Improvement and Value Centered Project/Portfolio Management.
Our Courses & Trainings Below
“As a Big Four professional services company, we believe in collaboration and helping create productive government solutions that work. Few institutions nationally have tried to foster such productivity, and no one in our view does it better than HU. We are proud that our partnership and activity with the Institute aids in HU’s extraordinary service across the Commonwealth.” – KPMG, GTI, SCE, ALC, & AI Sponsor
“PMI is the leading not-for-profit professional membership association for the project management profession. Our professional resources and research deliver value for more than 2.9 million professionals working in nearly every country in the world to enhance their careers, improve organizational success and further mature the profession.” – PMI, ALC Partner
“Sigma Resources was founded in 1998 around the principle of applying technology to solve business problems. These traits define our culture today, to which you will find Sigma team members exploring new technologies, working with our clients to apply them in new and creating ways, and seeking new additions to our teams. – Sigma Resources, GTI & ALC Sponsor