Project Management Fundamentals
Course Description: This course emphasizes the project processes and knowledge areas, terms, tools, and fomulas as well as to extend the knowledge base into soft skills such as communication, conflict management, team development, and leadership. Agile framework and methodologies such as Scrum will also be covered during sessions.
Course Learning Objectives:
- Demonstrate knowledge of key leadership skills, traits, and approaches
- Identify and implement conflict resolution strategies
- Demonstrate knowledge of project best practices and processes
- Demonstrate knowledge of project tools and procedures for the implementation of formal project management methodologies
- Demonstrate knowledge of communication management approaches, team development, and motivational theories.
- Demonstrate knowledge of agile framework including scrum methodology.
Who is the ideal audience for this course?
If you would like to formalize your knowledge and understanding of industry best practices, project management standards, and leadership skills, then this course is for you.
- Professionals who have been directly involved in initiating, planning, executing, controlling and closing of any kind of projects
- Professionals who are working as project managers or key project or program team members
- Those who want to gain a greater understanding of the project management process
- Individuals tasked with developing and managing teams in a project environment
- Class meets in-person on-campus from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Eligible for 25 PDU's upon completion of the course.
January 9, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
January 10, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
January 11, 2018
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
How will this course benefit the participant and their company?
The course is intended for project professionals in any business work areas who have been working as project managers or key members of project teams for at least 3 years. The course will provide the following benefits to these participants:
- Comprehensive understanding of the project management processes, knowledge areas, formulas, terms and individual process steps for project management.
- Identify advanced set of project management tools and techniques for continued use or new implementation at the workplace.
- Recognize and be able to implement leadership traits, soft skills, motivational approaches, and conflict resolution strategies
- Develop a deep understanding of the value and benefits to risk management in project efforts
What makes this course unique and would make someone want to attend?
This course is taught by professors that are also practitioners with many years of managing projects in different industries. Case studies of projects in different industries will be shared and explored so that you experience some of the complexities of managing a project
Instructor: Katherine Di Crocco, PMP, PSM
Cancellation and Refunds:
Harrisburg University reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses/events at its discretion. Should a program or event be cancelled by the University, a full refund will be issued.
If you need to cancel your registration and would like a refund, please email MMafnas@HarrisburgU.edu. Please attach the confirmation email that you received at time of registration.
A refund of 100% will be issued within 7 business days of your registration date.
A refund of 50% will be issued up until 8 days prior to the start of the course/event.
No refunds will be issued for cancellations 7 or less days prior to the start of the course/event.
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology EIN/TIN # 25-1900793
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
|Tuition Fee||$ 695.00|