Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO)
Course Description: This 2-day course covers how to maximize the value of software product and systems. Product Ownership in Scrum today requires more than knowledge of how to write requirements or manage a Product Backlog.
Professional Scrum Product Owners need to have a concrete understanding of everything that drives value from their products. Like all scrum.org courses, students develop and solidify this understanding through instruction and team-based exercises.
Course Overview: This course will teach new product owner how to envision a product and drive out good requirements that can be prioritized to reduce project risk and maximize return on investment (ROI). The course will start from the beginning of a business need and derive the project and backlog of work starting from scratch. Requirements prioritization and estimation will be thoroughly examined through a series of exercies and advanced topics, such as tracking, metrics, and how to negotiate the needs of multiple stakeholders, will be covered in the course. Common pitfalls and techniques to avoid those pitfalls will be thoroughly explored with multiple hands-on exercises.
This course was developed by the co-creator of Scrum: Ken Schwaber. The material is directly in line with the very root of the Scrum mindset. Scrum is a shared risk framework for creating innovative, complext problems. Both the IT side of the house and the business hare schedule, scope, and cost risks through an empirical approach.
- If you are trying to run an agile shop or use Scrum, this course will benefit you by dispelling common misunderstandings in agile
- If you're mature in your Scrum process, this course will be invaluable in understanding the role of product ownership for those involved in the business side
- If you are starting to adopt Scrum, this course will be a catalyst to understanding the foundational agile mindset from the business side
- For business analysts, this course will help you to become a product owner or nurture of current product owner. You will have the tools necessary to address product value, not just specify requirements
- For managers, this course will help you understand how to better lay out large scale projects and products and how to work with the business to maximize business value while controlling risk.
Who should attend the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) Course?
The Professional Scrum Product Owner is THE cutting-edge course for Product Owners, Agile product managers and anyone responsible for a software product's success in turbulent markets.
This course is targeted to Product Owners and anyone else accountable for maximizing the value delivered by software products and services.
Scrum Masters benefit from this course as their role often includes coacing Product Owners.
STUDENT PRE-REQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE: Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have passed the Scrum Open Assessment
- Have passed the Product Owner Open Assessment
- Have been on or are closely involved with the product management aspects of a software product or application
Course Learning Objectives: The objective of this course is to train business experts to be effective product owners that can maximize ROI for an agile Scrum project. The purpose of this course is to:
- Help you think in terms of Scrum and the Scrum principles to improve their effectiveness in your workplace
- Gain the know-how about the mechanics of Scrum and significance of the Product Owner role
- Shape you into a befitting Product Owner for Scrum Teams and stakeholders
- Give you the knowledgebase required to successfully increase the business agility of your organization.
- Product Management
- Value Driven Development
- The Product Owner Role and Scrum
- Agile Planning
- Backlog Management
- Additional Information and Questions
Assessment and Certification:
The Professional Scrum Product Owner course has two associated assessments and certification.
- Professional Scrum Product Owner level l (PSPO l)
- Professional Scrum Product Owner level II (PSPO II)
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner course will receive:
- a password to take the PSPO I assessment
- and are entitled to a discount on the PSPO II assessment
These industry-recognized certifications require a minimum passing score on the associated rigorous assessment.
Scrum.org maintains a public list with everyone holding a PSPO I and PSPO II certificate.
- Dates: November 14-15, 2017
- Class time is 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Location: Harrisburg University of Science and Technology, 326 Market Street, Harrisburg, PA 17101
More information about the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) course can be found on the Scrum.org website
Harrisburg University reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses/events at its discretion. Should a program or event be cancelled by the University, a full refund will be issued.
If you need to cancel your registration and would like a refund, please email MMafnas@HarrisburgU.edu. Please attach the confirmation email that you received at time of registration.
A refund of 100% will be issued within 7 business days of your registration date.
A refund of 50% will be issued up until 8 days prior to the start of the course/event.
No refunds will be issued for cancellations 7 or less days prior to the start of the course/event.
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology EIN/TIN # 25-1900793
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
|Early-Bird Rate (valid until 10/20/17)||$ 1,295.00|
Event Info- Internal
Included with Registration Fee