About the Course
PMP/CAPM Exam Preparation – This course exposes students and practicing project managers to the Project Management Body of Knowledge processes and standards and prepares students to take the PMP or CAPM certification exam.
- Demonstrate an ability to apply inputs, tools & techniques and outputs of the 49 project management processes tested in the PMP/CAPM exam
- Demonstrate the applied use of the traditional PMBOK Process Groups and Knowledge Areas with artifacts in the initiating, planning, executing, controlling & monitoring and closing groups that are tested in the PMP/CAPM exam
- Demonstrate an understanding of the PMP/CAPM exam requirements
- Demonstrate an understanding of the PMI policies and procedures required to fulfil professional responsibility that are tested in the PMP/CAPM exam
Anyone preparing for CAPM or PMP certifications will benefit from this preparation course.
PMP certification is the most important industry-recognized certification for project managers. Obtaining a PMP certification provides opportunities in many fields such as in finance, consulting, construction, Information Technology, biotech, telecommunications, manufacturing, healthcare and many other industries around the globe. The PMP also increases your earning potential. PMP certification holders earn 20 percent more than their non-certified peers according to Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey, Ninth Edition. Employers benefit as well. When more than one-third of their project managers are PMP-certified, organizations complete more of their projects on time, on budget and meeting original goals. (Pulse of the Profession® study, PMI, 2015.)
CAPM certification – Organizations with standardized practices attain better results and because the CAPM® recognizes your knowledge of the profession’s preeminent global standard, you’ll stand out to employers and be poised to move ahead.
This course is facilitated by professors that have more two decades of experience teaching PMP/CAPM Exam Prep course with high passing percentage. 700 Exam Prep questions are provided for practice and the highest level of academic quality is maintained.
The class meets online for seven (7) sessions on Thursdays from 8:00 – 10:00 pm ET.
Each session covers two (2) units, for a total of 14 units throughout the course.
- CAPM/PMP Certification and Qualification Assessment
- Foundational Terms and Concepts
- PM’s Process Framework
- The Role of the PM
- Project Integration Management
- Project Scope Management
- Project Time Management
- Project Cost Management
- Project Quality Management
- Project Human Resources Management
- Project Communications Management
- Project Risk Management
- Project Procurement Management
- Project Stakeholder Management
Eligible for 35 PDU’s upon completion of the course.
Total number of class hours = 35 (total hours includes class time and completing all simulations)
The following materials are included in the cost of the course:
- Over 600 practice questions, simulated to look like the real exam
The following material is required for this course, but is not provided by Harrisburg University at this time due to COVID-19 social distancing efforts, including remote work. The course has been discounted accordingly;
- PMBOK version 6
Attendees should obtain a copy of the PMBOK (v6) in one of the following ways:
- Hard copy through the Project Management Institute (PMI) – PMI members receive a discount
- Digital (PDF) copy through PMI – PMI members receive at no charge
- Hard copy through an online marketplace, such as Amazon.
Other forms of payment accepted: If you prefer to send payment by check rather than by credit card online, please contact us for more information.
Bulk Registrations: You may register and pay for up to 3 people at one time. If you need to register more than 3, please contact us so we can assist you with a bulk registration.
Cancellation & Refunds
Harrisburg University reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses/events at its discretion. Should a program or event be cancelled by the University, a full refund will be issued.
If you need to cancel your registration and would like a refund, please email MMafnas@HarrisburgU.edu. Please attach the confirmation email that you received at time of registration.
- A refund of 100% will be issued up until 30 days in advance of the course/event date.
- A refund of 50% will be issued up until 8 days prior to the start of the course/event date.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations 7 or less days prior to the start of the course/event date.
Class runs Thursdays
from 8:00 – 10:00 pm ET