About the Course
Designed specifically for IT professionals who currently serve or aspire in leadership positions.
The IT Managers Certificate Program focuses on the management aspects of information technology and is designed to:
Empower IT managers with the needed management and leadership skills essential for senior IT Professionals.
Provide information and tools to lead their organization strategically; manage their team effectively; and support the organization’s leadership in executing key objectives
Led by program facilitators, individual seminars are presented by subject matter experts, and include guest speakers, panel discussions and interactive group exercises.
The IT Manager Certificate Program (ITM) is part of the overarching IT Leaders Program, which includes the IT Executive Program. The combined program provides many benefits, including the opportunity for IT Executives and IT Managers to interact during educational sessions, as well as, breaks and lunches. Interaction and collaboration between IT Executives and IT Managers provides a better understanding and perspective of each other’s role.
The IT Manager Certificate Program is specifically designed for employees who currently serve or aspire to serve in positions focuses on managing the delivery of IT services and projects within their respective organizations.
The curriculum reflects the input of those who serve or have served in the most senior IT positions in the private and public sectors. Participants actively engage with presenters and colleagues on topics important to IT Managers in today’s workplace.
Presentations, group exercises, networking, peer learning and a class project make up the program.
Each module includes 1.5 days of content (Thursday afternoon and Friday full day) each month.
- Module I: IT Leader’s Role in the Digital Age
- Module II: Business Strategies and Strategic Planning Tools
- Module III: Leadership and Trusting Relationships
- Module IV: 360 Communications/Selling Your Ideas
- Module V: Data Driven Decision Making
- Module VI: Understanding and Leading Organizational Change
- Module VII: Cybersecurity
- Module VIII: Performance and Quality
- Module IX: Innovation and Emerging Technologies
In order to be considered for the IT Manager program, an employee must be nominated by their organization’s CIO/IT manager or other senior executive and have:
- Mid to upper level Management classification; AND
- Two years’ or more experience in IT operations or managing projects in the following core functional areas: application development, project management, computing and network, information systems security, or telecommunications.
Some sessions will require pre-readings such as articles, case studies, or research. Significant preparation time if not expected, given attendees have a “day job.” Attendance at a minimum of 90% of the sessions is required.
IT Managers will receive a Certificate of Achievement from Harrisburg University of Science and Technology.
- For-profit organizations (private): $2,695
- Non-profit organizations and government (public): $2,150
The tuition fee includes continental breakfast, cold lunch, and beverages, provided on each full class day, in addition to food and beverages for program kick-off reception and graduation reception, including the student’s supporting organizations’ leadership/sponsors.
Organizations are responsible for the per participant cost of the program. Payment is due after being admitted into the program.
Parking and lodging are not included in the tuition fee. Students are responsible for parking and lodging costs.
For information on parking in the Harrisburg University garage, and to view current hourly rates, please visit Standard Parking’s website at: www.parkharrisburg.com
The application form allows candidates to present their learning goals, past experience, expertise, and knowledge they bring to the cohort for consideration.
Candidates will demonstrate the support of their support of their senior leadership by submitting a letter of nomination written on their behalf. The nomination letter should include current position and responsibilities, along with skills, knowledge, and any special projects in which you are responsible.
The nomination letter should:
- Be addressed to “IT Managers Program Directors”
- Emailed to ProfessionalEd@HarrisburgU.edu with the subject line as, “IT Managers Certificate Program Nomination Letter for [YOUR FIRST AND LAST NAME]”
The following information will be available in the spring of 2020.