About the Course
The CISA designation is a globally recognized certification for IS audit, control, and security professionals. CISA certification combines the achievement of passing an exam with credit for your work and educational experience, giving you the credibility, you need to move ahead in your career. Certification proves to employers that you have what it takes to add value to their enterprise. In fact, many organizations and governmental agencies around the world require or recognize ISACA’s certifications.
Candidates must have five (5) or more years of experience in IS audit, control, or security. Waivers are available for a maximum of (3) three years for various degrees and other IT experience.
The five domains of knowledge covered by the examination include:
- The process of Auditing Information Systems (21%)
- Governance and Management of IT (16%)
- Information Systems Acquisitions, Development, and Implementation (18%)
- Information Systems Operation, Maintenance, and Service Management (20%)
- Protection of Information Assets (25%)
The objective of this course is to equip participants with the resources and knowledge required to pass the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification exam hosted by ISACA.org.
The course will assist the student with assessing and defining audit experience, skills and knowledge. The CISA candidate must demonstrate that they are capable of assessing vulnerabilities, communicating compliance and identifying / suggesting controls within the enterprise.
This course includes practice exams and simulations that other CISA credential owners report was key to their passing the exam.
(Pass/Fail) Students will pass the class by submitting the following items with two (2) days of the final class.
- One-page (or less) summary of your goals for this course;
- A spreadsheet or table that tracks pre and post‐practice test scores with a ranking or inventory your knowledge in each of the eight domains. Identify which areas are problematic and may require more in‐depth study and investigation.
- An assessment of your readiness for the CISA exam.
- A summary of your plan for taking the certification exam.
- Attendance at class is optional. You and/or your company are paying for this course.
- Come to class and interact with peers and you should find that your learning is accelerated. The stories you share make for fun and stimulating conversation.
- You should read each chapter before attending class and come prepared to share how this chapter relates to your current job. It is the intent of the instructor to provide a forum to absorb and practice the CISA common body of knowledge. Yes, memorization is necessary, however you must also think about how you would implement the methodologies and frameworks in your organization. Good stories make the class time fly by!
- Please put your cell phone on vibrate. If you need to take a cell text or call or use the lavatories, please do so as necessary.
- Students should attempt to allocate 3-8 hours per week to CISA study. Reading, relating information to your own environment and then taking practice tests is key to successfully passing the CISA certification exam.
- Use the 21 hours of class time to discuss and process the domain you read each week for class. We will spend an hour every week on practice questions. Learning how to approach and consider test questions is very helpful for most students.
Provided in the cost of the course is:
- Course syllabus
- Breakfast for each session
- ISACA CISA Review Questions, Answers, and Explanations Manual (12th Edition)
- ISACA CISA Review Manual (27th Edition)
The following are not included in the cost of the course:
- Parking fees
- CISA exam fee/registration. The exam should be scheduled through ISACA.org and is taken at a PSI location. There is currently one located at 2300 Vartan Way, Suite 245, Harrisburg, PA 17110.
Cancellation & Refunds
Harrisburg University reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses/events at its discretion. Should a program or event be cancelled by the University, a full refund will be issued.
If you need to cancel your registration and would like a refund, please email MMafnas@HarrisburgU.edu. Please attach the confirmation email that you received at time of registration.
- A refund of 100% will be issued within 7 business days of your registration date.
- A refund of 50% will be issued up until 8 days prior to the start of the course/event.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations 7 or less days prior to the start of the course/event.
TBD – 2020
The Harrisburg University GTI Security Center of Excellence (SCE) aims to be a strategic partner with private and public sector organizations in their information security and cyber defense efforts by providing innovative and effective educational programs and community building services.
The SCE is sponsored by: