The next CIO class is slated to begin 2018. Applications are not being accepted at this time. To receive updates on this program, please submit your contact information to us at: GTI@HarrisburgU.edu
The role of the government Chief Information Officer has evolved into a critical leadership role in which these executives are expected to have a comprehensive skill set, including leadership, innovation, project management, communications, finance, human resources, policy making and management practices, in addition to understanding how to leverage to strategically support the business needs. These expectations combine with the reality that technology continues to evolve rapidly, requiring a strategic lens.
Benefits of the CIO Certification Program:
- Designates IT professionals with a recognized credential representing essential qualifications for the role of CIO;
- Enhances the skills required to lead at the executive level, by focusing on strategy, communications, policy, finance, personnel and emerging technologies;
- Provides senior level IT professionals with a venue for peer learning, network building and brainstorming;
- Uses an applied strategic project for candidates to demonstrate mastery and produce a tangible product or service to benefit the organization.
Need and Impact:
The role of the IT executive is quickly changing and expanding. IT executives are expected to have a comprehensive knowledge of management disciplines, as well as a pro-active mindset to leverage technology to advance the organization’s strategic objectives. With technology capabilities and complexities evolving at a rapid speed, having a strategic view is critical.
The Certified CIO program at Harrisburg University empowers IT leaders to develop executive knowledge and perspectives, learn how to provide meaningful advice to other executives and learn how to earn a seat at the decision-making table!
Featured Presenters from Past Sessions:
- President & CEO, Unisys
- CIO, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- CIO, US Dept. of General Services
- VP, Global Mobility, Cisco
- PA Deputy Secretary for IT
- PA Secretary of Administration
- PA House Appropriations Executive Director
- FBI Special Agent
- Former Deputy Comissioner, PA State Police
- PA Legal Counsel
Format: A cohort of 25-35 IT leaders, nominated by organization leadership, attend a total of 20 in-person sessions, twice a month for 10 months. Presentations, group exercises, networking, peer learning and a capstone project make up the program.
Requirements: Participants must have a minimum of 4 years of IT management experience and currently hold a senior management role.