About the Course
This course will teach you to use statistical techniques to analyze data. You will complete projects using Google Sheets and Python.
This is the fourth and final course in the four-course Business & Data Analytics Certificate Program. It can be taken as an individual course, a set of courses, or the full certificate program.
This 7-week course includes approximately 120 hours of content.
The program was co-developed by Tableau, an industry leader in data visualization, to ensure the content and tools are aligned with the most current trends and tools used in industry.
- Conduct statistical assessments using discrete and conditional probability
- Develop multiple linear regression models
- Run A/B tests to test data hypotheses and refine solutions
- Conduct an exploratory data analysis (EDA) on rideshare data
- Perform descriptive statistics, create statistical visualizations, calculate probabilities, and deduce statistical inferences using Google Sheets and Python in Google Colab
This 7-week course is delivered online, asynchronously, and includes approximately 120 hours of content.
Believing in the power of learning by doing, the courses take an applied, project-based approach to the curriculum. From day one, students start learning and using new digital tools in the online lab format. The curriculum assignments parallel real-world, on-the-job experiences that exist within the analytics space, allowing students to leverage their certificate to find success in an analytics role.
- Learn foundational concepts and technical skills in a project-based, online platform
- Practice using analytics tools directly in the learning platform
- Get individualized support and feedback from an instructor
- Add projects to their portfolio for future use on the job
While there are no prerequisites, it is recommended that students have comfort with high school mathematics with a focus on algebra and statistics.
Additionally, it is strongly recommended that all students take the Business Analytics Fundamentals Course prior to taking this one.
If you choose to go on and complete all four courses, your certificate earned at the end of the program will have Harrisburg University of Science and Technology and Tableau’s name on it, signaling the value of your learning to employers.
Students gain access to the asynchronous course, delivered through an online platform.
All materials are delivered through the online platform. You must complete the course in seven (7) weeks.
This is the fourth and final course of four courses in the Business & Data Analytics Certificate Program. To receive the certificate of completion for the program, you must complete all four courses.
Other forms of payment accepted: If you prefer to send payment by check rather than by credit card online, please contact us for more information.
Bulk Registrations: You may register and pay for up to 3 people at one time. If you need to register more than 3, please contact us so we can assist you with a bulk registration.
To register for the full certificate program, please see the Business & Data Analytics Certificate Program page.
The registration fees for the Statistics for Analytics Course only are:
- Private Sector: $1,740*
- Public/Non-Profit: $1,390
*For the Private Sector rate, there is a 10% discount for registering early – more than a month before the start of the class.
Cancellation & Refunds
Harrisburg University reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses/events at its discretion. Should a program or event be cancelled by the University, a full refund will be issued.
If you need to cancel your registration and would like a refund, please email MMafnas@HarrisburgU.edu. Please attach the confirmation email that you received at time of registration.
- A refund of 100% will be issued within 7 business days of your registration date.
- A refund of 50% will be issued up until 8 days prior to the start of the course/event.
- No refunds will be issued for cancellations 7 or less days prior to the start of the course/event.