For a quick overview of the Active Learning Specialist Course, watch this video.
What does an Active Learning Specialist do?
Active Learning Specialists tailor interventions to a specific learning need or group of students. The Active Learning Specialist forms a group of stakeholders to assist with the development, implementation, and evaluation of the intervention (Active Learning Plan).
The Active Learning Specialist works collaboratively with an Active Learning Team to:
- Define the roles of each person on the team
- Assign responsibilities and milestones
- Identify the needs to be addressed by active learning intervention
- Demonstrate how the Active Learning Plan will enhance student engagement
- Provide training to members of the Team to understand research and best practices
- Communicate internally to stakeholders and externally to community
- Continuously record improvements (outcomes); allow for plan adjustments
Active Learning Specialists are invited to join our online community of best practice professionals to share ideas, and learn from each other. Fizika manages two online communities for Active Learning Specialists – on Facebook and on LinkedIn.
Cancellation and Refunds:
Harrisburg University reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses/events at its discretion. Should a program or event be cancelled by the University, a full refund will be issued.
If you need to cancel your registration and would like a refund, please email MMafnas@HarrisburgU.edu.
Please attach the confirmation email that you received at time of registration.
A refund of 100% will be issued within 7 days of your registration date.
A refund of 50% will be issued up until 8 days prior to the start of the course/event.
No refunds will be issued for cancellations 7 or less days prior to the start of the course/event.
|Enrollment Fee - Non-Credit||$ 495.00|
|Enrollment Fee - (1) Graduate Credit||$ 625.00|