Lean Agile Product Development 101
Hands-on learning around the methodology and processes that will decrease time-to-market, reduce waste, streamline product development processes, enhance quality, and fully integrate new product designs into a Lean production environment.
Rooted in the iconic Toyota Production system, this one-day course will provide attendees with the fundamentals of lean product development.
Purpose: Learn the basics of Lean process.
Attendees: Software Developers, Web Developers, Technical Managers, System Administrators, Business Analysts, Project Managers, Test Q/A Leaders, Product Managers, Executives
Skill Level: Introduction
Learning Style: Workshop
- Principles of Lean
- will be acutely aware of the original lean Toyota Production System principles and how they apply today to modern product development.
- will have completed simulations that solidify the modern lean principles
- Waste - will be aware of how the traditional 7 manufacturing wastes are manifested in modern product development
- Value streams - will be aware of what a value stream is, how it is created, and what actions should be drawn from proper value stream visualizations.
- Continous Improvement
- will understand the value of continuous improvements and how these ceremonies are typically conducted in the lean organization
- will have actively participated in a continuous improvement event for this course
- Standards for Long Term Success - will lean what common metrics are used in measuring a lean organization, how to create these metrics and how to take action from them.
- Emerging Practices - will learn about the emerging practices such as Lean Startup, Lean Canvas, LeanUX and Lean Change Management.
Learning Methods: Lecture, Discussion, Group Activities, Simulation/Games. These methods will be used to provide tactical learning for the attendees and to validate some of the theories presented in the session.
Ryan Lockard is a CSM, CSPO, CSP and CTC Candidate who has over 15 years experience in project and product delivery. Ryan has worked in various industries including Intellectual Property, Advertising, Science, Publishing, Manufacturing, ERP and most recently Clinical Research and Learning. Ryan is also a Software Development Manager and frequent contributor to the Lean/Agile/Scrum communities both as a writer and international speaker.
Earn (7) PDU's through the Project Management Institute (PMI) for attending this 1-day training.
Cancellation and Refunds:
Harrisburg University reserves the right to cancel or reschedule courses/events at its discretion. Should a program or event be cancelled by the University, a full refund will be issued.
If you need to cancel your registration and would like a refund, please email MMafnas@HarrisburgU.edu. Please attach the confirmation email that you received at time of registration.
A refund of 100% will be issued within 7 business days of your registration date.
A refund of 50% will be issued up until 8 days prior to the start of the course/event.
No refunds will be issued for cancellations 7 or less days prior to the start of the course/event.
Media Waiver: By submitting a registration for this event/course, I hereby grant permission to Harrisburg University (HU) and its representatives to take photographs or videos of me, including livestream, and to make recordings of my voice at the event or location noted below. I further grant the right to reproduce, use, exhibit, display, broadcast and distribute. I acknowledge that HU owns all rights to the images and recordings, and I waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising from or related to the use of the images, recordings, or materials.
Harrisburg University of Science and Technology Federa ID# 25-1900793
326 Market Street
Harrisburg, PA 17101
|Registration Fee||$ 259.00|
|Regular Rate (registrations received after 9/1/16)||$ 259.00|
|Registration Fee||$ 259.00|
Event Info- Internal
Included with Registration Fee